Congrats on your upcoming trip to China! PassportWorld is the most reliable way to receive your China visa. In order to apply for a Visitor or Business visa to China, you must have a valid passport. Click here if you need to obtain a U.S. Passport. PassportWorld is a registered company with the Consulate General of the Peoples Republic of China, and we have processed and secured China visas for over 25 years. Our experienced staff will guide you through your visa process and will always be a phone call or email away until your visa is in your hands. The security of your passport and personal documents is our number one priority.
All travel visas are processed in our main office located in The Woodlands, TX and documents must be sent here for processing. Visa services do not require an appointment. You can follow the steps outlined below to begin and simply FedEx your documents to our Woodlands office for processing. If you prefer, you can also schedule an appointment for services. In person appointments are only available in The Woodlands or Frisco, Texas. Virtual appointments are available for anyone within the United States. If you would like to begin your D.I.Y. visa steps please review the below expandable sections to begin.
This is an electronic form that will ask you to select a Processing Speed for your visa and collect payment. Please select the processing speed that best meets your needs. There is no need to print this form, simply click the green “save” button when you are done. If completing the form via a mobile device, the save button will be blue. PassportWorld will receive your form instantly. A confirmation email will be sent to you along with an assigned order number. Save this number for future status checks. Click here to create Your Service Order Form.
What to expect: Once we receive your visa documents, they are submitted electronically to the Chinese Government for approval. Once they approve your visa documents they'll provide PassportWorld an appointment to submit your documents at the Chinese Embassy for processing. The current wait time for an appointment with the Chinese Embassy is 2-3 weeks. Your visa processing time begins after we submit to the Embassy. Your processing time is selected when you complete your Service Order Form (link above in Blue).
Your application must be completely filled out online, printed and signed. The Consulate will reject any hand written forms or hand written corrections. Every question must be answered in your application, if any fields do not pertain to you, please enter "none" in the space provided. Do not leave questions unanswered. Click here to begin your China Visa Application.
- Provide your original Passport book plus one (1) copy of the I.D. page (must be valid at least 6 months beyond your stay, and contain at least one blank visa page. Any amendment/endorsement pages in the back cannot be used for visas). A copy of your U.S. Resident Card (only for non U.S. Citizens) is required.
- Two Recent passport photos (2”x2”). DO NOT STAPLE, TAPE OR GLUE PICTURES TO YOUR APPLICATION. Photos must be within 6 months and must be professionally made. Passport photos are available at Walgreen's, CVS, and FedEx Office. Computer, snapshot, and homemade photos are not acceptable, and will be rejected by the U.S. Department of State. Photo Ready Requirements: No uniforms, no jewelry, no glasses, no smile, no head gear or hair accessories. Please don’t use the same photos as in your current passport book.
- A copy of your round trip tickets or itinerary showing all flights from the U.S. to China and back to the U.S are required.
- A copy of your Hotel reservations in China (not needed for business visas).
- A copy of the front and back of your State ID (ex: Driver's License).
- A copy of your COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
- Complete your China Visa 28 Day Travel Record Form. This form must be submitted with your documents.
In addition to the requirements listed under Step 3a, please add the two items below:
- A Business letter from U.S. based employer or sponsoring company, on company letterhead, introducing the applicant, indicating the applicant's position in the company, and detailing the purpose of visit to China. The business letter must also indicate who will be financially responsible for the applicant, provide detailed contact information in China, and specify the number of entries (single, double or multiple) being requested. Faxed or emailed copies are accepted.
- A Letter Of Invitation by the Chinese local government. The invitation letter shall include the following items: (A) Personal information of the invitee: name, gender, date of birth, etc. (B) Information concerning the invitee's visit to China: purpose of the visit, date of arrival and leaving, places to visit, relationship between the invitee and the inviter, and who will bear the cost of the invitee's accommodations in China. (C) Information of the inviter: name of the unit, phone number, fax number, address, seal and signature of the legal representative. The invitation letter must be on the Chinese Government letterhead.
All visa applications must be sent to our Main office:
PassportWorld, 2002 Timberloch Pl, Ste 200, The Woodlands, TX, 77380.
We are open Monday through Friday from 9:30am to 2:00pm. Please only ship your documents with FedEx! Do not ship any documents with early am delivery as we open our office at 9:30am and there will be no one available to receive it. Please choose mid-day delivery options as we close at 2pm.
What to expect: Once we receive your visa documents, they are submitted electronically to the Chinese Government for approval. Once they approve your visa documents they'll provide PassportWorld an appointment to submit your documents at the Chinese Embassy for processing. The current wait time for an appointment with the Chinese Embassy is 2-3 weeks. Your visa processing time begins after we submit to the Embassy. Your processing time is selected when you complete your Service Order Form in Step 1.